Friday, May 2, 2008

Dan McCarthy: Let it Be



I got on the McCarthy bandwagon pretty late, so I paid a pretty penny for this. I also subscribed to his 07/08 poster club at the start of the year, and I gotta say, thats about one of the smarter poster purchases I've made to date.

I chose to frame my copy of Let it Be with 2 layer black matting, if memory serves me right, this is 2 1/4 " (or 2 3/4" ) thick .

I think the framing adds to the print, and I'm really happy how it turned out.

See the original print here:

3 comments:

JL said...

Oh my. The framing really does do the print justice! Do you you order your frames from an online shop or do everything local ?

I have a bunch of great prints that deserve to be un-tubed and put on the wall.

snailmeat said...

Thanks. I do everything locally in Singapore as shipping will kill me if I buy frames online. But it's an old man in an old shop, so no fancy UV glass or special stff. I get him to spray mount the prints too. I figure they deserved to be displayed in their full awesomeness.....

You should hang up your prints. Free them from their tubes!

JL said...

I just got my first print framed. WOOHOOO!! Thanks for the inspiration :D