Thursday, May 22, 2008

Frank Kozik: Mermen



I'm not a mega Kozik fan the way I'm nuts about Jesse Philips or Dan McCarthy (I like pretty much everything these guys roll out). This is but one of the two Kozik prints I own (the other being "The Iron Dream", which is much more interesting and/or controversial, depending on how you see it). I bought it because it had a drunken sailor, he-man like sea creatures and tentacles, which sound to me like a good receipe for a poster any day of the week.

This is a great example of how posters in the flesh always tend to look better than their scans. Here is the original scan which I based my purchase decision on. The actual poster turned out to be tons more vibrant, with mind-blowing fluorescent pink and yellow inks.

I got this from Lone Star Posters, and I figured I'd mention that because I linked to his scan. John is a great vendor. He replies emails prompty, and ships international without overcharging. If you live outside of the US, you should definitely check his site out.

No comments: